The issues Tax Office staff can deal with when you call the Tax Office Phone Number on 0843 479 9736 are many and varied.
They include queries about direct taxation such as:
- National Insurance, the contributory payment on which benefits such as disability and unemployment benefit are based. NI payments vary according to whether you are self-employed or employed by a company and employ an accountant or submit your own returns.
- Income Tax, whether you are taxed via the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) system or whether you are self-employed.
- Inheritance Tax, the tax that becomes due on estates that are valued above the government’s current threshold of relief.
- Corporation Tax, a form of company tax that takes into account assets, liabilities and so on.
They also include queries about indirect taxation, which means the taxes paid by you or your company on various items, which may include:
- Stamp duty, the tax you pay when purchasing a property.
- VAT on goods and services.
- Tax on insurances.
Questions about loans and benefits, such as:
- Child Benefit and the forthcoming changes that mean higher rate tax payers will no longer be entitled to this benefit.
- Working Tax Credits, which will by 2016 be replaced by the government’s new Universal Credit system.
- Student loans
The Tax Office is also responsible for the enforcement of legislation such as the national minimum wage, student loans and environmental taxes.
When can I speak to someone on 0843 479 9736, the Tax Office Phone Number?
On calling the above number, you will be directly connected to a Tax Office representative who will be available to respond to your queries from 8.30am until 8.30pm Monday to Friday & 8am – 4pm aon Saturdays.
Will I receive confidential advice when I call the Tax Office Phone Number on 0843 479 9736?
Yes, of course. For various reasons, callers sometimes prefer not to give their name when they call for advice and guidance on tax affairs, and the advisors respect that. That said, should you require the Tax Office to send you any forms or information, you will need to provide a mailing address or an e-mail address.
Can I ring the Tax Office Phone Number on 0843 479 9736 for help on any tax or benefit related matter?
Yes, if you have any questions please call 0843 479 9736 to be directly connected with the Tax Office. A customer service representative will then be able to help you with your enquiry.
Please note that it is very important to inform the tax office as soon as possible of any changes to your income or to your family circumstances. You can do this by calling the Tax Office Phone Number on 0843 479 9736.
Direct-numbers.co.uk is a directory service. Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline, calls from mobiles may cost more.